Saturday 12 February 2005

Where do you publish your research output?

I was asked this question by a librarian during the !dea Metadata workshop.

I asked her back, "Where did you see any of my research output?".

She said, "your blog".

I said, "my blog".

That aside, I do believe that publishing one's research output in blog has several advantages if you do not need the academic points for your promotion (and I don't):
1. timely
2. at least you know someone will have read it (unlike paper based publishing, other than the reviewer and editor, no one may have read your paper)
3. cut down from the "academic" fillers (I know a number of word-crafts who are so skilled in recycling fillers that if you read one of their papers, you have read ALL of their papers!)
4. conversational

No comments: