Monday 27 November 2006

Is the world flat?

According to the statistics displayed/animated by GapMinder.org, it is. See a "worth-more-than-the-time-you-spent-watching"1 presentation (20mins).

Gapminder.org hosts a number of flash files which allows you or your students to look at available data in new and exciting ways. This would definitely stimulate much more informed discussion about the world we are living in.

1We can read much faster than people can speak/show. I found podcasting a step backward because I am forced to get in the information at the speed dictated by the presenter/podcaster instead of my ability! So I decided to refer to all future recommendation based on whether it is worth the time you spent watching. Here is the first one I categorise multimedia in this way.

No comments: