Tuesday 24 November 2009

e-book reader, game on

I have Sony's PRS 505 for a while now and really enjoy reading with it. BUT I still want one with a larger display, color and ...

My mind was set on Kindle DX, unfortunately, it is not available outside USA and is black and white only. It seems that there will be more choices when DX become available here. I am happy to wait.

Slashgear reports that Qualcomm mirasol color video ebook readers to ship in 2010. Unfortunately, it seems it will be a 5.7-inch screen which I think is too small for me.

Pixel Qi is also on track to deliver laptops which are black/white day-light readable and full color with back lighting. At the moment, I am leaning towards a pixel qi enabled laptop with 10-inch screen as my reading device. But I would like to be able to boot to read within 1 sec or two. That would ultimately swing the final choice I am going to make.

1 comment:

Neal said...

Would love to see the Pixel Qi arrive this quarter in a production device. I just lost my Kindle generation 1 and I'm missing it terribly. I'm not to excited about the DX...the technology is going to jump forward a lot next year.